In retirement, your tax rate may vary widely over the years based on the timing and order in which you use different sources of money to pay for your expenses. People often pay more in taxes than necessary because they don’t understand the challenges of retirement tax planning. This seminar aims to change that.
The spending phase of retirement is more complicated than the savings phase of pre-retirement. Unfortunately, tax planning is often overlooked – this is like planning to lose money! You have to know what your "after-tax" retirement savings picture looks like before retiring, and create a strategy.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- The critical tax question you must answer before retirement
- The surprises that often make retirement more expensive
- What the Social Security "tax trap" is and how you can avoid it
- Why tapping assets in the wrong order can trigger higher Medicare premiums
- Why you need to manage taxes even before you retire
- The four stages of retirement and important tax actions in each stage
- IRA challenges and important considerations for rollovers
- What you need to think about when it comes to estate planning and taxes
- Mistakes to avoid when it comes to your investment portfolio, health care, and estate
Date and Time
Thu, Mar 24, 2022
6:00p - 7:00p EST